KILIMANJARO LONDOROSSI ROUTE 9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS
This is an unspoilt, remote, less-used, and beautiful way up to the Shira Plateau. Trekkers sometimes use it to ascend the Western Breach route or follow it with the Kibo South Circuit to ascend by the easier Barafu Route. The first day of the route hardly ever has any game animals, and armed rangers never accompany a group.The standard route takes 7 days on the mountain, and is sometimes extended to 8 days with a stay at Karanga Valley.
Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport, pick up and transferred to Eastpoint hotel or Similar for overnight Dinner and Breakfast Included.
Drive from Moshi (915 m) to Londorossi Gate (2,250 m) through Moram via Shira trails to Shira 2 campsite (3878 m). From moram follow a forest track in a 4WD vehicle for 11 km/7 in (45 minutes) to Shira trails and a possible campsite. From Shira trails, walk for 3 hours along beautiful forest trails to Shira 2 campsite.
Shira 2 campsite (3,878m) to Moir hurt (4,200 m) proceed with the trail gradually steepens, enters the giant heather moorland zone, then crosses the Shira Ridge up to the Moir campsite the Lover tower (4,200m)
MOIR hurt ~ POFU CAMP (4,025m) Begin the morning trek heading out of the moorland and into the stark alpine desert, on a steep ridge off the main trail, and begin our venture on the Northern Circuit Route. The total trekking time is about 5 – 7 hours. From the Pofu Campsite, you will enjoy a magnificent view of Kenya’s wild lands to the north.
POFU CAMP ~ THIRD CAVES CAMP (3600m) Proceed onward through valleys and over ridges through the alpine desert and moorland, continuing our circuit to the east, enjoying a vast mountain wilderness to ourselves. Trekking time today is 5 – 7 hours.
THIRD CAVES CAMP (3600m) – KIBO CAMP (4,700m) Proceed onward through valleys and over ridges onto the alpine desert and moorland, continuing our circuit to the south, Enjoying a vast mountain wilderness to ourselves, The temperatures turn cold as you arrive at the foot of Kibo, trekking time today is 4- 6 hours, Prepare all your gear for the day ahead, and turn in early to rest. A resupply of fresh food and suppliers will reach camp on this afternoon.
KIBO CAMP (4,700 M) ~ UHURU PEAK (5895M.) Millennium/High Camp (3110m) a midnight wake-up call is the start of a long trek. You begin trekking at 1 am up to the winding path of endless switchbacks. From your camp to the rim of the crater (Gillman’s Point (18,750ft. / 5,712 m) to Uhuru Peak, the trekking time is about 7 -8 hours. The slope is steep, with switchbacks, over loose rock and scree with some boulders as you near Gilman’s Point. You will stop at Hans Meyer cave on the way, the famous place where Kilimanjaro first western climber described in his journals. Once you arrive at Gilman’s Point at the edge of the crater, the trail to the summit is less demanding and is reached after a further 1½-2 hours along the snowy crater rim (depending on the season). After a short time at the summit, retrace your steps back to Gilman’s Point, then summon your strength again for a further descent to Millennium Camp for the night.
Millennium (3110m) ~ MWEKA GATE (1,830m) Descend straight to the gate (2-3 hours), where you’ll have lunch and will be awarded climbing certificates. Overnight at Eastpoint hotel or Similar.
- Two nights accommodation at the Eastpoint hotel or Similar hotel in Moshi double or triple occupancy (before and after the climb)
- First night includes breakfast
- Last night includes dinner & breakfast
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Hut/camping fees and tents
- Tents foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and (Cutlery / Crockery) eating utensils.
- Rescue fees (required by the National Park)
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- Airport transfers (JRO – Kilimanjaro International Airports)
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Single rooms supplement at Eastpoint hotel or Similar hotel.
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Mountain equipment (eg sleeping bags)
- Gear for your climb, Some equipment is available for rent. See our rental price list.
- Car Supplement USD$145 per car for clients who go through Lemosho/Rongai/Shira Routes
- Items of personal nature (expenses)
- Emergency Oxygen
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Extra activities (waterfall tour, cultural village visit).
- Visa fees & travel insurance.
- Flight tickets.