This beautiful mineral spring originates from Kilimanjaro ground waters The Chemka Hot Springs are about 40 kilometers away from Moshi, in the homonymous village called Chemka. They are underground springs with warm water. The water forms a clear and clean pond which is ideal for swimming. The pond is very deep, in some places up to 10 meters, but the water is so clear that you can see the bottom well all the time. The pond is situated under lush trees. On the shore you can camp, enjoy your snacks and let yourself dry after swimming.
The road to the Hot Springs is very bumpy and windy, so driving takes more than one hour. During the trip you can enjoy the wonderful scenery and see the authentic Tanzanian life. When we arrive at the Hot Springs you can swim, relax, eat your lunch and enjoy the sun. If you’d like, while you are swimming we can be preparing a barbecue for you. Additionally, if you desire, we can overnight at the Hot Springs with a camp fire and a bush dinner. Everywhere around the springs you can see baboons and different monkeys.
Activities While At Chemka Hot Springs Are :
- You pass through local villages.
- Chance of meeting a variety of primates including baboons.
- Explanation about local people/life and tradition of masai people
- Enjoying the scenic views of mount Kilimanjaro
- Enjoy swimming in the hot spring.
- Have chips mayai, barbecue for lunch
- Swing and jump into the hot ponds
- Entrance fees per person
- A professional English/French speaking guide
- Local Lunch or Lunch Box
- Clean drinking water on all day
- Pick up & Drop Off at your hotel in Moshi or Arusha Region
- Tips (Tipping guideline is US$10)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Airport transfer at extra USD 50
- Hotel accommodation in Moshi/Arusha.